In an ongoing effort to elevate services to our Academic mission, Information Technology Services will launch an integration between Banner and Desire 2 Learn (D2L) on March 24. The integration will feature the following updates to the D2L user experience:
- Changes to course enrollments will process in D2L in real-time as opposed to overnight.
- Changes to instructor enrollments in Banner will NOT result in new D2L course shells.
- Instructors will be able to submit mid-term and final grades to Banner directly from their course Gradebook. Enter your grades in one place! Click here for more information.
- Easy access to a course template that adheres to best practices in course design. Click here for more information.
- Instructors teaching multiple sections of a course that wish to have sections merged will need to request assistance through ITOneStop.
- Courses will now have the Course Section Title (section number) on the first line, department code-course number-section number – semester on the 2nd line, start and end dates will show on the 3rd line.
- A customizable default course homepage that includes a student support services widget.
If you experience issues or have any questions regarding this topic, please contact the Technology Assistance Center at 540-831-7500 or enter a support ticket at https://radford.service-now.com/itonestop.